How to Check Tire Size
Upgrading the wheels and tires of your car is considered the most popular modification you need to do to improve the look and performance of your vehicle. But for this, you will need to find the perfect tire size according to the car brand and model to get the best fit. Choosing the right size of the tire is extremely important for your car's safety. Hence, it would help if you were careful about the tire size you choose when you plan to replace the existing car tires. A reputable tire service will help you replace the tires, but you should make an informed decision regarding the right tire selection. The vehicle handling and response need to be kept in mind when choosing the tires so that you can get the preferred tire size you want.
Know the different ways of determining tire sizing:
- Metric sizing
- Aspect ratio
- Rim diameter
- Load index
- Speed rating
- Flotation sizing
- Rim diameter
- Section width
- Overall diameter
The different tire sizes of vehicles:
- 14 inches tires
- 15 inches tires
- 16 inches tires
- 17 inches tires
- 18 inches tires
- 19 inches tires
- 20 inches tires
- 21 inches tires
- 22 inches tires
You will need to choose the right size of the tire on the basis of your vehicle size, requirements and preferences. Don't forget to check the speed rating and load index of the car while choosing the tires so that you will get the best options.
How to check the tire size
- Check the current tire size: if you wish to replace your car's tire, you need to look for the existing size of the tire. The information is available in your car's owner manual or anywhere in the vehicle, like the doorjamb, so that you can find the perfect size.
- Look for additional details: apart from the tire size, you also need to look for additional details of the tire, which include speed rating and load index. This will make the tire selection process quicker and easier for you so that you can find the correct tire size.
- Learn more about tire sizing: there is a string of letters and numbers on the tire. It has a lot of information about the tire size so that you can easily find tires that meet the requirements of your car. The size recommended by the manufacturer is present in the different parts of the car, and the tire should be chosen according to the diameter of the wheel. The tire is designed to fit into the given diameter so that you can select the tire according to the car's rim size.
- Consider the different options: the variety of tires available for your car depends on the load capacities, inflation pressure, models and brand of your car. When choosing the perfect tire, you will also need to choose wheels that come with different diameters and widths of the wheels.
- Find a reliable tire service: when you are thinking of replacing the old tires of your car, you will need to look for tire experts who will assist you in this endeavour. It is easier for you to choose tires from the widest selection of options so that you can maintain the car's safety, fuel efficiency and performance. Don't forget to consider the speed rating, load index and size of your car before choosing its tires so that you will be able to get a perfect selection.
- Make use of a tire size calculator: this is an excellent way of determining whether the tire will fit into your vehicle or not. Don't buy any wrong tire size because it can lead to a noisier ride, rub against the body of your car and pull in the steering wheel.
- Choose the right fit: tire selection is a complicated process, and for this, you need to make sure that the tire is selected according to the bodywork, gearing and suspension of your vehicle. Choosing the right fit will directly impact the performance and ride quality of your vehicle so that you will enjoy the best outcome.
More to Read: